The home of high stakes fantasy football.

Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Dynasty team for sale

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mr_Incedible

Mr_Incedible

Tee-Baller

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:18 PM

FFPC players I have a 500 dollar dynasty team for sale. I live in the state of Missouri and bought this orphan team before I knew about HB1941 that will effect the FFPC in the state of Missouri. That being said I would like to sell my team so I am not a lame duck owner going into 2017. Please contact Dave for details.

QB.. A. Luck, R. Wilson

RB.. J Hill, Antonio Andrews, Keyan Drake, Josh Howard, Wendall Smallwood, Daren Sproles

WR.. E Decker, J Baldwin, A Hurns, Dorial Green, J Janis, J Strong and Seth Roberts

TE.. C Fleener and Charles Clay

D.. Carolina

K..Gostkowski

2017 picks

RD 1

RD 2

RD 4 two of them

RD 5 two of them

RD 6

RD 7

#2 special k

special k

Walk On

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:44 AM

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like HB1941 makes it very favorable for FFPC to do business in MO.  I'm much more worried about the state of NY where I live.  It seems like they are looking to be very aggressive toward the fantasy industry.

#3 Alex

Alex

Commissioner

• Administrators
  • 8435 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:42 AM

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like HB1941 makes it very favorable for FFPC to do business in MO.  I'm much more worried about the state of NY where I live.  It seems like they are looking to be very aggressive toward the fantasy industry.

How did you arrive at that conclusion on Missouri HB1941? 

Alex Kaganovsky
alex@myffpc.com

FFPC co-founder

#4 special k

special k

Walk On

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 09:11 AM

http://www.missourin...fantasy-sports/

I certainly could be missing something as I haven't done a lot of research but if this applies to season long it doesn't seem like it would prevent FFPC from doing business in MO. If it doesn't I'd like to see what I'm missing and how it impacts FFPC and other small FF companies.

#5 Alex

Alex

Commissioner

• Administrators
  • 8435 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 31 May 2016 - 09:29 AM

http://www.missourin...fantasy-sports/

I certainly could be missing something as I haven't done a lot of research but if this applies to season long it doesn't seem like it would prevent FFPC from doing business in MO. If it doesn't I'd like to see what I'm missing and how it impacts FFPC and other small FF companies.

That's dated April 11. I only wish that was the version that passed (which we all expected to).

Alex Kaganovsky
alex@myffpc.com

FFPC co-founder

#6 Mr_Incedible

Mr_Incedible

Tee-Baller

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 03:51 PM

Ok so Nixon just signed it into law today. I have read this bill over a few times. How would this bill destroy small business? It ask for a application fee and 10 percent from Missouri residents playing your contest. Where is the crushing your business part at? Please educate me. I am asking serious question. Am I missing something?

#7 Mr_Incedible

Mr_Incedible

Tee-Baller

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 03:54 PM

In the end all I see is it charging your guys 10 percent of revenue from state residents. So it sounds like a tax. We all pay taxes.

#8 Alex

Alex

Commissioner

• Administrators
  • 8435 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:21 PM

Am I missing something?

Yes. A lot. You might want to re-read it a few more times.

Alex Kaganovsky
alex@myffpc.com

FFPC co-founder

#9 Mr_Incedible

Mr_Incedible

Tee-Baller

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:42 PM

Again educate me on what it is that is killing your business? Also no where have I read a 50 thousand dollar back ground check. So a annual fee of 10 percent or 10,000 which ever is less and and 11.5 tax on Missouri residents? Granted taxes and fees suck. But they are taken out of my check every day. So break it down to me as some one that does not quit understand what exactly it is that will prevent you from paying these fees? Why not just charge Missouri residents a higher fee to off set your loss in profit?

http://governor.mo.g...-protection-act

Instead of telling me to re-read it why not just explain your side? I have read it a lot, and although not ideal it seems very doable if you wish to do business in this state. Also I like some of that regulation. Where us players can file complaint if need to be and funds must be deposited with in 48 hours after winning them. Bet there are a few guys in this state that wish these laws were around when a guy named Dustin from that St Louis area was in charge of a high stakes contest.

#10 Coltsfan

Coltsfan

Special Teams

• Members
  • 646 posts
  • LocationEvansville, IN

Posted 10 June 2016 - 05:09 PM

How in the world could a traditional fantasy football operator comply with all of this BS in that bill?  There is no way anyone could run a fantasy football contest in the state of Missouri.  (unless it's a huge daily game operator.)  That's just all crazy stuff.  I can't imagine how much it would cost to comply with the Missouri law.

Wayne

#11 Mr_Incedible

Mr_Incedible

Tee-Baller

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 05:25 PM

well it looks like PA is making them nervous also. What is the solution here? We don't want to pay so we will just not operate in your state? How many states are we up to now that small business will refuse to operate in? Maybe it is time to rethink that prize pool. Because this time next year you won't have a pot to piss in! All these sates are hoping on the regulation train, what happens if New York does not go their way? If I am not mistaken Texas has something up their sleeve.

#12 Alex

Alex

Commissioner

• Administrators
  • 8435 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:36 PM

Again educate me on what it is that is killing your business? Also no where have I read a 50 thousand dollar back ground check. So a annual fee of 10 percent or 10,000 which ever is less and and 11.5 tax on Missouri residents? Granted taxes and fees suck. But they are taken out of my check every day. So break it down to me as some one that does not quit understand what exactly it is that will prevent you from paying these fees? Why not just charge Missouri residents a higher fee to off set your loss in profit?
http://governor.mo.g...-protection-act

Instead of telling me to re-read it why not just explain your side? I have read it a lot, and although not ideal it seems very doable if you wish to do business in this state. Also I like some of that regulation. Where us players can file complaint if need to be and funds must be deposited with in 48 hours after winning them. Bet there are a few guys in this state that wish these laws were around when a guy named Dustin from that St Louis area was in charge of a high stakes contest.

You have made it perfectly clear to me on this thread and in private emails that you feel we should just "suck it up and deal with it" when it comes to the Missiouri fantasy bill which I told you by email was absolutely devastating for us. And you also suggested it's basically our own fault it happened and we should've known about it months ago, which is utter nonsense. So no, I'm not going to waste my time explaining to you why this bill is bad. Everyone else seems to understand so you can figure it out yourself.

Alex Kaganovsky
alex@myffpc.com

FFPC co-founder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users