Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dan

Possibility for a slow draft?

8 posts in this topic

Any possibility that we can add at least a couple of slow drafts for the footballguys tourney as this would be something that a few folks would have an interest in participating in?

Any possibility that we can add at least a couple of slow drafts for the footballguys tourney as this would be something that a few folks would have an interest in participating in?

This was discussed and considered but in the end, dismissed. Slow drafts in August open opportunity for stall tactics, especially during the preseason games. This breeds frustration and anger among drafters. Also, since this is a tournament format, I believe it creates an unfair imbalance between Live drafts and Slow drafts. So overall, our feeling is, Slow drafts are simply not suitable for this format, although I personally have always been a fan. smile
Chef Paul likes this

OK, no problem. One more question, can I mix and match terminator and footballguys entries if I decide to do the 3/$1K deal?

OK, no problem. One more question, can I mix and match terminator and footballguys entries if I decide to do the 3/$1K deal?

Yes, I posted in another thread and it got buried:

FYI: Please note that if you already own a team in the Footballguys Players Championship and a team in the Terminator Tournament, you have the option to combine these teams and upgrade to the 3-pack for $1000. So the third team will cost just $300 and you can apply it to an additional FPC team (or Terminator team).

Please contact Chris Lambert at chris@myffpc.com and she will process your 3-pack upgrade.

I'd like to revisit this question that was posed last season.

Any chance a slow draft option will get added for the FPC this year?

Sorry, nothing has changed regarding slow drafts the and reasoning why not to have them for the FPC.

On 7/19/2010 at 1:42 PM, Alex said:

This was discussed and considered but in the end, dismissed. Slow drafts in August open opportunity for stall tactics, especially during the preseason games. This breeds frustration and anger among drafters. Also, since this is a tournament format, I believe it creates an unfair imbalance between Live drafts and Slow drafts. So overall, our feeling is, Slow drafts are simply not suitable for this format, although I personally have always been a fan. smile

I know this was last discussed here about 6 years ago, but I was wondering if maybe a compromise might be in order.  Maybe have slow drafts that start in June/Early July and have a cut-off date for slow draft starts, say maybe mid-July.  This should ensure that all slow drafts would be complete prior to the preseason games starting, thus eliminating a huge reason to employ stall tactics.