Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SPORTSBETTINGMAN

Dynasty payout changes

12 posts in this topic

I get it that dynasty leagues most likely are the biggest pain in the ass to commish of all leagues, but chopping $300.00 PER SEASON off of the league prize pool (1250) for something as trivial as payment processing seems a bit much. 

Hi Lance. When we originally set up dynasty leagues, the prize pools were set based upon no credit card fees. It has gotten to the point where we really do need to be able to process using credit cards. $15,000 in total entry fees x 4% for credit card fees (which are the fees in our sector) is costing us $600, so we are absorbing 1/2 of the cost with $250 of the other $300 coming from 1st place. If everyone used a reward card to pay league fees that pays 1% cash back, players would recoup $150 of the $300. I am not saying it is no big deal, just saying that we also have some added costs here and players can recoup about 1/2 of their cost by using a reward card.  And the net benefit is that trades and entry fees will be much easier.   

My beef with this is not that you all are taking the fees, its that you are taking it away from the winners. Why should the winners pay everyone's credit card fees? Why not simply charge the people using a credit card? If I used a credit card I would expect to pay the fee. In the $500 dynos its not that big of a deal to pay $50 off the top, but in $750 or higher you guys are taking $200-$500 from the winners. That doesn't seem fair to me. Personally I would either charge the credit card users, or spread the fees out amongst all contestants. To me its not fair to take it away from the winner only.  But that's just my opinion. 

My beef with this is not that you all are taking the fees, its that you are taking it away from the winners. Why should the winners pay everyone's credit card fees? Why not simply charge the people using a credit card? If I used a credit card I would expect to pay the fee. In the $500 dynos its not that big of a deal to pay $50 off the top, but in $750 or higher you guys are taking $200-$500 from the winners. That doesn't seem fair to me. Personally I would either charge the credit card users, or spread the fees out amongst all contestants. To me its not fair to take it away from the winner only.  But that's just my opinion. 

Unless you're using this year's winnings to pay for next year's Dynasty fees, the only payment option will now be credit cards. We will no longer be processing ACH for Dynasty. So everyone will be using credit cards at some point or another and for simplicity's sake, it makes more sense to adjust the payouts instead of coding the registration process to up-charge credit card users.

Again, keep in mind that the Dynasty prize structures were originally created based on NO payments with credit cards so all the potential fees were put back into the prizes. Had we been accepting CC from the start, the prizes would have been higher by 3% across the board. As it is now, we are only lowering them by about 1.5% on average between all the leagues. This was done to take into account that many would be using their prize winnings for next year's payments.

Re: Dynasty...boy oh boy could your site use an upgrade to live scoring.  It is like a worthless puzzle to see which team is leading the playoffs.  Really needs an upgrade.  From the ugly brackets to not combining the 2-week scores somewhere (anywhere) to put the "live" in live scoring.  Competitors have a much better live scoring for both league and main events to be inspired by.

gianmarco likes this

I must concur with this ^...........you literally have to click on last week's scores then click back on this week's scores and use a calculator to see who's leading the championship race.

Also......for the "draft pick playoffs" games........when I click on the live scoring from the "my teams" page it takes me to "week 16 current" which shows me playing the wrong opponent.  From that point I'm required to click the live scoring tab, which then takes me to "week 3 - NFL week 16"......then from that point I must click on the box that shows my matchup.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?  But, if not it's a lot of extra clicks that I wish we could streamline.

One other request I would like to see is the trading page to stay intact (just not usable) during the no trading time period.  It's just easier to strategize and see who has what picks as all the playoffs are happening.

SPORTSBETTINGMAN and gianmarco like this

I hear what you're saying guys. Due to the funky league playoff format in all the Victory Points leagues, there was no typical h2h bracket to use as a template and we put together something last year but never really perfected it. Let's work on this together in the coming off-season and we will be sure to build it out for 2016 playoffs. I will start a new thread tomorrow and as much detailed input as possible is welcomed!

SPORTSBETTINGMAN likes this

I hear what you're saying guys. Due to the funky league playoff format in all the Victory Points leagues, there was no typical h2h bracket to use as a template and we put together something last year but never really perfected it. Let's work on this together in the coming off-season and we will be sure to build it out for 2016 playoffs. I will start a new thread tomorrow and as much detailed input as possible is welcomed!

Thanks, Alex.

I will say that the change to adding live scoring to mobile was huge and very welcomed.  I'm sure you guys will get this fixed as well

Unless you're using this year's winnings to pay for next year's Dynasty fees, the only payment option will now be credit cards. We will no longer be processing ACH for Dynasty. So everyone will be using credit cards at some point or another and for simplicity's sake, it makes more sense to adjust the payouts instead of coding the registration process to up-charge credit card users.

This is on my "My Teams" page:

You can now secure your Dynasty league teams for 2016.  Renew Dynasty Teams

Attention Dynasty Owners: Please DO NOT fund your FFPC accounts using credits cards for the purpose of dynasty payment. Checks, Money Orders and ACH (direct bank deposits) are the only acceptable forms of payment for new and returning Dynasty teams. Contact Chris Lambert at chris@myffpc.com for payment info.

So I'm puzzled..........

This is on my "My Teams" page:

You can now secure your Dynasty league teams for 2016.  Renew Dynasty Teams

Attention Dynasty Owners: Please DO NOT fund your FFPC accounts using credits cards for the purpose of dynasty payment. Checks, Money Orders and ACH (direct bank deposits) are the only acceptable forms of payment for new and returning Dynasty teams. Contact Chris Lambert at chris@myffpc.com for payment info.

So I'm puzzled..........

That's an old message. I just put it the request to change it to:

Attention Dynasty Owners: Starting in 2016, Credits Cards are now an acceptable form of payment in funding your account for Dynasty league payment. If you still wish to use Checks, Money Orders or ACH (direct bank deposits) please contact Chris Lambert at chris@myffpc.com to process your payment.

I also have another question regarding this.  If many of the owners here have played before, either in multiple Dynos and or some form of redraft, isn't all this coding etc in place? You guys have been accepting CC since day one for leagues, why is the Dynasty such an issue. Again, I'm still not getting why a separate higher price cannot be an option when paying with CC. I'm not saying you should absorb the whole added fee, but you're choosing to go all CC, why should we be hit? I'm fortunate enough to be able to pay with my 3 teams with winning this year, but I'm being penalized for NOT using CC.