Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeff

What time is trade deadline tonight for dynasty leagues?

23 posts in this topic

We just opened registration for renewing 2016 teams, which are the only teams that can trade. We are adding some features there that will help us out with trading. It takes a bit of custom coding for the tech team to re-enable trading and roll over into the new fantasy year. I am estimating one week, but it may be sooner. I will check and see what it is looking like. 

MRx747 and House of Cards like this

We just opened registration for renewing 2016 teams, which are the only teams that can trade. We are adding some features there that will help us out with trading. It takes a bit of custom coding for the tech team to re-enable trading and roll over into the new fantasy year. I am estimating one week, but it may be sooner. I will check and see what it is looking like. 

Can't wait to get started with 2016 trades!

Thanks and I would like to ask that when it's ready could you have an e-mail sent out to league owners so everyone knows and so I don't have to keep checking everyday?

Can we expect that part of this coding process will improve the trade log history and the email notifications so that there is more detail and less confusion in the trade email notifications?

SPORTSBETTINGMAN likes this

Can we expect that part of this coding process will improve the trade log history and the email notifications so that there is more detail and less confusion in the trade email notifications?

That is still on the list of other things to do. It is already taking a great deal of time and effort for our tech team to rollover and code dynasty leagues to trade 2017 dynasty picks (sooner that ever before - it was 2/2 last year I think) while at the same time award 1500 leagues (in many different prize formats) worth of prizes, upload online W-9 forms, and run a custom playoff contest and add secondary playoff leagues if the original playoff contest sells out. So the answer is no, it will not include that but it is still on our 75 item upgrade list.

That is still on the list of other things to do. It is already taking a great deal of time and effort for our tech team to rollover and code dynasty leagues to trade 2017 dynasty picks (sooner that ever before - it was 2/2 last year I think) while at the same time award 1500 leagues (in many different prize formats) worth of prizes, upload online W-9 forms, and run a custom playoff contest and add secondary playoff leagues if the original playoff contest sells out. So the answer is no, it will not include that but it is still on our 75 item upgrade list.

Thanks for the update Dave.......obviously there are more pressing items at hand revolving around the playoffs and conversion from one season to the next.  Completely understandable. I'm just hoping that this item is near the top of the upgrade list once work begins on that list, as it seemed to be important to a lot of Dynasty players (including myself) when it was discussed last year.

You guys have always been the best and will always be the best.  Looking forward to another great Dynasty season!

I'll quote Denzel from Philadelphia and say "explain this to me like I'm a six year old"

This coding and rollover has been taking place for over a year. Is this completely different from the 'coding and software' from the ME or FBG contest and software? Uploading W-9 and payouts have been taking place for years, why is it an issue now and not last year?

No contest or site is perfect but some other high stakes contest that have dynasty switched to their own software and coding and it was completed within a couple weeks. Also being able to see draft picks etc year round. According to our Dynasty rules : "Trades can be made immediately after the week 17 game, provided the following years entry fee has been paid by all teams involved in the trade"

A huge aspect of engaging in Dynasty is the 'offseason' trading and interaction. This is being placed on hold for a 2nd year in a row.

I have been as supportive and vocal as anyone over the years singing the praises of all of you and the contests offered here. I unfortunately have to be vocal when it's not reciprocated in kind for the loyalty and trust we, especially Dynasty players, invest in you. That's or problem. We invest in these team and care too much. You guys have set a high standard, remember those days? I do and miss them.

We all know 'time is money' and time isn't much of an issue when the money is spent to get the job done.

I'll quote Denzel from Philadelphia and say "explain this to me like I'm a six year old"

This coding and rollover has been taking place for over a year. Is this completely different from the 'coding and software' from the ME or FBG contest and software? Uploading W-9 and payouts have been taking place for years, why is it an issue now and not last year?

No contest or site is perfect but some other high stakes contest that have dynasty switched to their own software and coding and it was completed within a couple weeks. Also being able to see draft picks etc year round. According to our Dynasty rules : "Trades can be made immediately after the week 17 game, provided the following years entry fee has been paid by all teams involved in the trade"

A huge aspect of engaging in Dynasty is the 'offseason' trading and interaction. This is being placed on hold for a 2nd year in a row.

I have been as supportive and vocal as anyone over the years singing the praises of all of you and the contests offered here. I unfortunately have to be vocal when it's not reciprocated in kind for the loyalty and trust we, especially Dynasty players, invest in you. That's or problem. We invest in these team and care too much. You guys have set a high standard, remember those days? I do and miss them.

We all know 'time is money' and time isn't much of an issue when the money is spent to get the job done.

We are doing the best we can considering all circumstance which includes but not limited to: development ability and associated time & cost. You either believe and accept that or you don't. We can't explain it any other way then we already have.

Dave likes this

We are doing the best we can considering all circumstance which includes but not limited to: development ability and associated time & cost. You either believe and accept that or you don't. We can't explain it any other way then we already have.

Damn. Sometimes a post is better left unsaid.

Trading is now enabled. The delay was due to us attempting to only permit paid in full owners to make trades on top of other upgrades like enabling 2017 pick trading. None of that is completed yet so anyone (even unpaid owners) can make a trade. If an unpaid owner makes any trade, he has 6 hours to pay for the team or the trade will be reversed. 

I am also changing the wording in the rules as to when we will open trading for future seasons so as to not set expectations for immediately following week 17.

Trading is now enabled. The delay was due to us attempting to only permit paid in full owners to make trades on top of other upgrades like enabling 2017 pick trading. None of that is completed yet so anyone (even unpaid owners) can make a trade. If an unpaid owner makes any trade, he has 6 hours to pay for the team or the trade will be reversed. 

I am also changing the wording in the rules as to when we will open trading for future seasons so as to not set expectations for immediately following week 17.

This should probably be emailed to all dynasty owners, or put on league message boards,  cause I am pretty sure a small percentage of them will see this message on here. 

Trading picks two years out can get dangerous.  I have seen it in other leagues where teams get so bad combined with no future picks for two years that nobody would take over the team even if it was free for the first two years.  I would be in favor of something like this......Say for example right now I wanted to trade a 2017 1st and a 2018 1st for a player.  At LEAST the 2017 season and a decent amount of the 2018 season should have to be paid for the deal to go through, or right after the deal goes through. 

As awesome as it is to be able to move picks two years down the line, it also comes with a lot of risk for the league.

This should probably be emailed to all dynasty owners, or put on league message boards,  cause I am pretty sure a small percentage of them will see this message on here. 

Trading picks two years out can get dangerous.  I have seen it in other leagues where teams get so bad combined with no future picks for two years that nobody would take over the team even if it was free for the first two years.  I would be in favor of something like this......Say for example right now I wanted to trade a 2017 1st and a 2018 1st for a player.  At LEAST the 2017 season and a decent amount of the 2018 season should have to be paid for the deal to go through, or right after the deal goes through. 

As awesome as it is to be able to move picks two years down the line, it also comes with a lot of risk for the league.

We will not be enabling trading for 2018 picks, sorry if it came across that way somehow in my post. 

2017 picks will be enabled at some point after the Playoff Challenge and after the Super Bowl. I do not know when and am not willing to give a date on it.

We will be sending an announcement about 2016 dynasty in the next few days when we get time to put it all together.

Thanks for updates but one key thing I'd like to see made available, even if it's just a message board post on the league, is the correct draft order.

It is listed under the FUTURE DRAFT PICKS section on every dynasty league home page in the secondary NAV in green way to the right. Final standings after playoffs is at the bottom.

Thanks for updates but one key thing I'd like to see made available, even if it's just a message board post on the league, is the correct draft order.

It is listed under the FUTURE DRAFT PICKS section on every dynasty league home page in the secondary NAV in green way to the right. Final standings after playoffs is at the bottom.

Cool, thanks, I had checked that page but did not bother to scroll down to bottom

Just saw this feature now.  Nice addition.