HEADBANGER1967

Dynasty Suggestions for 2016

99 posts in this topic

It might be just me, but there seems to be a lag time in sending out trade offer emails and the like that wasn't like that before.  It comes in handy to have them sent immediately...especially in the heat of getting close to a perfect back-and-forth match before bedtime! ;-)

For example, I sent out two offers this morning, and have yet to receive the email confirmations after like 10 minutes.  I noticed last night I was getting them in a big batch with many different time stamps many minutes apart, but they all came at once.

Just out of curiosity, I had my bank send me a code, and I got the email right away...and still am waiting on the trade emails.  Something is not right.

I'll pass this on to the tech team and see if this is something they can ID.

Another example...I just received a bulk batch of 8 FFPC trade related (offers, rejection confirmations, etc) emails just now.  Some are from yesterday mid-day.  I'm not getting them in a timely matter.  Weird. Yahoo mail. Firefox.

Alex,

For upcoming Rookie drafts are we able to import our own rankings?    Right now for pre-draft rankings there are all the players listed that are not available and on other rosters.   Is there a list of rankings we can edit and sort for the players available in our league including the 2016 rookies?

I'd like to rank and sort the players for my league's rookie draft

On the pre-draft rankings page, I saw the export to csv, I did not see the import csv.   

Thanks.

Reg

Alex,

For upcoming Rookie drafts are we able to import our own rankings?    Right now for pre-draft rankings there are all the players listed that are not available and on other rosters.   Is there a list of rankings we can edit and sort for the players available in our league including the 2016 rookies?

I'd like to rank and sort the players for my league's rookie draft

On the pre-draft rankings page, I saw the export to csv, I did not see the import csv.   

Thanks.

Reg

Importing rankings is something we would like to have at some point but it is a long term goal as it is a complicated feature to add. Definitely not something we will have this year.

But you obviously can customize your own rankings in your FFPC league for use in all FFPC drafts.

It might be just me, but there seems to be a lag time in sending out trade offer emails and the like that wasn't like that before.  It comes in handy to have them sent immediately...especially in the heat of getting close to a perfect back-and-forth match before bedtime! ;-)

For example, I sent out two offers this morning, and have yet to receive the email confirmations after like 10 minutes.  I noticed last night I was getting them in a big batch with many different time stamps many minutes apart, but they all came at once.

Just out of curiosity, I had my bank send me a code, and I got the email right away...and still am waiting on the trade emails.  Something is not right.

Another example...I just received a bulk batch of 8 FFPC trade related (offers, rejection confirmations, etc) emails just now.  Some are from yesterday mid-day.  I'm not getting them in a timely matter.  Weird. Yahoo mail. Firefox.

Lance, I am not aware of this being an issue. If others are experiencing this as well, please email me with the details so I can pass it on to our tech team.

Lance, I am not aware of this being an issue. If others are experiencing this as well, please email me with the details so I can pass it on to our tech team.

Lance, Alex, I was able to replicate this issue with Yahoo. I added my Yahoo email as a 2nd owner on one of my teams. I received the FFPC notification immediately on my Gmail account but it did not come immediately in my Yahoo account. I am able to receive other emails sent to Yahoo immediately, though. I am pretty sure this might be an issue with all/most FFPC owners with Yahoo email IDs. Not sure what the fix is though.

SPORTSBETTINGMAN likes this

Lance, Alex, I was able to replicate this issue with Yahoo. I added my Yahoo email as a 2nd owner on one of my teams. I received the FFPC notification immediately on my Gmail account but it did not come immediately in my Yahoo account. I am able to receive other emails sent to Yahoo immediately, though. I am pretty sure this might be an issue with all/most FFPC owners with Yahoo email IDs. Not sure what the fix is though.

I think this is correct.  Something changed within the last 6 weeks or so, as I used to get FFPC email confirmations of trade offers I made almost instantly.  Now they might take 12+ hours.

This is an issue most would not even notice unless you are active in dynasty trading.

Hope the programmers can go back and look at anything they changed recently and if they can resolve this issue.  It sucks.

I think this is correct.  Something changed within the last 6 weeks or so, as I used to get FFPC email confirmations of trade offers I made almost instantly.  Now they might take 12+ hours.

This is an issue most would not even notice unless you are active in dynasty trading.

Hope the programmers can go back and look at anything they changed recently and if they can resolve this issue.  It sucks.

I am having the exact same issues.  I am getting nothing, then 10 or 12 days-old emails at a time.  Something needs to be done.  When an outrageous trade offer is either sent or received, it's important that the "Are you serious, you fargin' bastitch?!?" response be somewhat timely.  Otherwise, it loses it's oomph.  I will, of course, mention no names. Per Bip's suggestion, I will try adding my GMail account as a second owner.  

House of Cards likes this

I am having the exact same issues.  I am getting nothing, then 10 or 12 days-old emails at a time.  Something needs to be done.  When an outrageous trade offer is either sent or received, it's important that the "Are you serious, you fargin' bastitch?!?" response be somewhat timely.  Otherwise, it loses it's oomph.  I will, of course, mention no names. Per Bip's suggestion, I will try adding my GMail account as a second owner.  

Unfortunately, Yahoo has been holding up emails on their end. This is only happening with Yahoo email addresses. We are trying to make changes on our end to help Yahoo recognize our emails as being legit. Unfortunately, Yahoo sending through emails is not something under our control. We will see what we can do. 

Any chance in the future to change the clock to 14 hours vs. 24 hours?  Shaving 10 hours off of the pick time still allows plenty of time for work and sleep and trade offers.  In 1250 #3 we have a guy milking the clock each pick. (Cavehawks)  He never communicates and it is a joke. Ruins the experience.  Absolutely no reason for 24 hours to be the model for selection time other than being a clean round number or just copycat laziness.

This now being Thursday EST, we are into day 6 (started Saturday) and are stuck at pick 2.12 still, not even starting the 3rd round.   At this disrespectful to leaguemates pace we could threaten to draft into Memorial Weekend.  No reason for 24 hours for the doufus types that abuse this process.

Aunt Jemima and menobrown like this

A few things:

1)  The email reply to offers and rejections that goes to the owner doesn't seem to be working.  That was a great improvement and I'm not sure what happened.

2)  Is there a way the draft room size can be made a little smaller?  The page has a very small scroll, but you can't see the chat and see what's at the top in the same screen.  And because there are so many windows that each have their own scroll, it's a pain trying to scroll the page without scrolling each little window.  If the boxes are just resized a bit so the entire thing fits on a page without needing to scroll at all, then it would make it so much nicer.

3)  Can we please add some kind of box or notification in the draft room to see which picks we have remaining?  The only way I can see which picks I have are if they are coming up soon and you can see your team at the top or I have to navigate back to the team page and then the trade page.  I would think it would be simple to add how many and which picks are remaining to help figure things out while in the draft room.

4)  Can we add a link to the actual league from the draft room?  Again, same thing.  In multiple leagues, it's nice to keep just the draft rooms open.  If a trade opportunity or something else comes up, having a direct link from there would be nice and save steps and shouldn't be too hard to add.

Any chance in the future to change the clock to 14 hours vs. 24 hours?  Shaving 10 hours off of the pick time still allows plenty of time for work and sleep and trade offers.  In 1250 #3 we have a guy milking the clock each pick. (Cavehawks)  He never communicates and it is a joke. Ruins the experience.  Absolutely no reason for 24 hours to be the model for selection time other than being a clean round number or just copycat laziness.

This now being Thursday EST, we are into day 6 (started Saturday) and are stuck at pick 2.12 still, not even starting the 3rd round.   At this disrespectful to leaguemates pace we could threaten to draft into Memorial Weekend.  No reason for 24 hours for the doufus types that abuse this process.

Agree with this, I bet 95% of owners would be good with this change

Invictus. and GoWithWhatYouGot like this

A few things:

1)  The email reply to offers and rejections that goes to the owner doesn't seem to be working.  That was a great improvement and I'm not sure what happened.

2)  Is there a way the draft room size can be made a little smaller?  The page has a very small scroll, but you can't see the chat and see what's at the top in the same screen.  And because there are so many windows that each have their own scroll, it's a pain trying to scroll the page without scrolling each little window.  If the boxes are just resized a bit so the entire thing fits on a page without needing to scroll at all, then it would make it so much nicer.

3)  Can we please add some kind of box or notification in the draft room to see which picks we have remaining?  The only way I can see which picks I have are if they are coming up soon and you can see your team at the top or I have to navigate back to the team page and then the trade page.  I would think it would be simple to add how many and which picks are remaining to help figure things out while in the draft room.

4)  Can we add a link to the actual league from the draft room?  Again, same thing.  In multiple leagues, it's nice to keep just the draft rooms open.  If a trade opportunity or something else comes up, having a direct link from there would be nice and save steps and shouldn't be too hard to add.

1. The issue seems to be with yahoo emails (and aol possibly) which we have been and are still working to resolve to the best way that we can on our end. 

2. We've been tweaking the draft room since 2014 and at this point, we have to leave it as is. There are way too many variables on the user end like resolution size, screen size, brower type, computer type, tablet type, etc, for us to be able to make the draft room universally responsive for all. My suggestion is to play around with your individual browser zoom and resolution settings.

3. I do not imagine this to be a simple or quick add and it's also Dynasty-specific so I will let Dave weigh in. 

4. This is a good suggestion. Let me talk to the tech team. As always, please do not expect this to be an instant add.

I think he's doing his diligence to make sure he's the worst team in the league...again. His strategy is consistent.

I think he's doing his diligence to make sure he's the worst team in the league...again. His strategy is consistent.

We've had 3 picks in the last 48 hours.  A puke-worthy slow draft.  

How about 10 like the other slow drafts? Or an option for the league to vote on 8, 10, 12, or 14 after a draft order is drawn?

Sorry, we will not be voting to change time for each pick in dynasty leagues, we need it to be consistent. 

Generally, a 24 hour clock is not a problem. Dynasty players (for the most part) intuitively understand that taking 24 hours is only to be done in situations like a vacation, being away from a phone/CPU, accident, sick family member, baby on the way, or working lots of trade deals and so on.

If an FFPC Dynasty league has a player that is consistently taking the full length of time, please do email me at dave@myffpc.com and let me know. I can contact the owner in question. We want everyone to have fun and not ruin draft flow.

The one actual rule change I'd like to see, and I do post this same thing every year, is the way the draft playoffs work. I don't get why it's H2H when the real playoffs are not and feel like it should be set up exactly like the real playoffs with reverse seeding. So seeds #11 and #12 get a bye in week 14. Seeds #7-10 are in total points race in week 14 with top two advancing to compete in total points race in weeks 15 and 16 versus #11-12 seeds.

I request this rule change annually and was discussing it  in a private league today so figured as good a time as any to bump my post. Big fan of draft playoffs, but making it H2H and making being the third worst team in the league as technically the most difficult seed to draw in draft playoffs are things I fail to understand why we continue to accept, especially when the real playoffs are not H2H.

Is there any way we could still view the "trade" page after the trade deadline?  I can't see why not, as we all know there is no way someone is going to secretly make a trade. 

Sometimes you want to ponder the future, but with the current situation you don't know who owns what picks.

menobrown likes this

Is there any way we could still view the "trade" page after the trade deadline?  I can't see why not, as we all know there is no way someone is going to secretly make a trade. 

Sometimes you want to ponder the future, but with the current situation you don't know who owns what picks.

For future picks, you can go to "League" and then "Future Picks" for the grid showing all of next year's picks.

For future picks, you can go to "League" and then "Future Picks" for the grid showing all of next year's picks.

Thanks....not as easy, but the info is definitely there.  I had forgotten about this, so thanks again CKC.

Not sure if I mentioned this already this year or maybe last year, but there should be some attention given to the Dynasty Playoffs in how it is presented.

It is a joke.

It does not come close to representing the FFPC way, and is both confusing and cheap/ugly looking.

Like a shitty puzzle, you are better off searching and reading the dynasty league rules and doing the breakdown manually vs. what is being passed off as acceptable on the league main page as well as the live scoring page.

List the most important top ranked matchups ABOVE the rest. (This was even done wrong in the regular league playoffs listing the biggest matchups BELOW the loser-bowl crap. We shouldn't need to reverse-engineer previous week results to find out which matchup is for all the marbles...it should be presented clearly and with excitement/drama if possible.)

List the actual playoffs on the main page vs. the also rans being presented front and center.

Dress it up a bit.  Add words or boxes or frames or use colored fonts or color coding explaining what is up for grabs if you must...whatever it takes to make it crystal clear. 

Right now it is extremely poorly presented.

I know, I know...it's on the list.

Dynasty needs  :wub:  too! 

menobrown likes this

The one actual rule change I'd like to see, and I do post this same thing every year, is the way the draft playoffs work. I don't get why it's H2H when the real playoffs are not and feel like it should be set up exactly like the real playoffs with reverse seeding. So seeds #11 and #12 get a bye in week 14. Seeds #7-10 are in total points race in week 14 with top two advancing to compete in total points race in weeks 15 and 16 versus #11-12 seeds.

I request this rule change annually and was discussing it  in a private league today so figured as good a time as any to bump my post. Big fan of draft playoffs, but making it H2H and making being the third worst team in the league as technically the most difficult seed to draw in draft playoffs are things I fail to understand why we continue to accept, especially when the real playoffs are not H2H.

This would be perfect.

I agree with the change to the losers bracket setup. Two of the three years my ffpc league has been going I've been the 3rd worst team in the losers bracket and got stuck playing a team that just barely missed the playoffs. Both times I've lost but would have beaten both teams on the other side of the losers bracket. As the 3rd worst team both times and ending up with the 6th pick both times because of the setup it makes rebuilding much more difficult especially at $500 a pop.

Another change I would like to see is the offseason cutdown date moved back. It would be nice to not have to cutdown before NFL free agency.

Fish likes this

I agree with the change to the losers bracket setup. Two of the three years my ffpc league has been going I've been the 3rd worst team in the losers bracket and got stuck playing a team that just barely missed the playoffs. Both times I've lost but would have beaten both teams on the other side of the losers bracket. As the 3rd worst team both times and ending up with the 6th pick both times because of the setup it makes rebuilding much more difficult especially at $500 a pop.

Another change I would like to see is the offseason cutdown date moved back. It would be nice to not have to cutdown before NFL free agency.

I have not experienced any negatives to the current "draft pick playoffs" H2H method.  In fact, I have done well in that area, but I would not be opposed to having it mirror the money playoffs.  The H2H is more exciting, but more random and less fair.  What is less appealing is the (basically) manual duty of adding up the two weeks of scoring.  It would be nice to see this week's total and the cumulative 2 week total displayed in real time on the scoring page.

As for the cutdown date.....two weeks after free agency opens would be my ideal date for cutdowns.  Allows more time for evaluation and possible trading.  Hopefully this can be looked at again?

I agree with this 100%. I keep getting shafted in this system as I try to rebuild a couple teams. Instead, I see teams that are good that just miss the playoffs repeatedly get the #1 pick. They get stronger, and my rebuilding job languishes.

An alternate option is have only teams 7, 8, 9 & 10 play weeks 14&15 (either 7 vs 10, & 8 vs 9 then winners play or an all play 2 week). The one winning team moves on to week 16 vs teams 11 & 12 to decide picks 1-3 ('all play'). Just a small twist. But this doesn't help team 10 (3rd worst). Or have teams 7,8&9 play week 14 with the winner going to final 4. Then team 10 (3rd worst) gets a top 4.

My main dynasty comment is the dynasty playoff (cumulative) scoring/scoreboard needs improvement.

We are paying attention to these comments and appreciate everyone's thoughts. We will look into options for everything presented above, whether it is consolation format or the way the playoffs are being presented.