Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flip

2017 Dynasty Trade Picks Available to trade?

33 posts in this topic

Anyone know when the 2017 draft picks are added to the database so they can be traded?

They will not be available for trade until some date after the Super Bowl. One reason is that we are doing some upgrades on trading future picks and automating deposits for trading away future 1st round picks. Another is that the league year needs to rollover into 2016 officially and that does not happen until after the Super Bowl and Playoff Challenge. 

I coulda sworn last year the future picks were available for trade right away.  I thought so anyway. 

Something to think about though, if future picks aren't available till sometime in February this could be an issue because the cut down date is at the end of February, and people are going to want time to try and shop some of their tougher cuts.  Future picks are pretty important for that. 

I coulda sworn last year the future picks were available for trade right away.  I thought so anyway. 

Something to think about though, if future picks aren't available till sometime in February this could be an issue because the cut down date is at the end of February, and people are going to want time to try and shop some of their tougher cuts.  Future picks are pretty important for that. 

We need the upgrades completed first before we activate 2017 picks. Also, trading was opened before we could put in a different fix that restricts unpaid owners from making trades. Both need to be working before we open 2017 picks. We will see what we can do to get them live ASAP.

I know it's beating a dead horse.......but man I wish the cut down date would be pushed back.

I know it's beating a dead horse.......but man I wish the cut down date would be pushed back.

Yeah, I don't think I'd want the cut down date pushed back every year, but I am getting nervous saving a lot of my trades until 2017 picks are released/can be processed.  I definitely understand the hold up and need for a system to force players to pay if they trade their 1st (and that system will be better for all of us as a whole,) but I want enough negotiation time before cuts to unload some players for future picks

+1

ShanePHallam likes this

+1

Hangdog has some pull. He asks for just one extra day and just like that it's extended  to February 29th.

Dave and ShanePHallam like this

+1

Hangdog has some pull. He asks for just one extra day and just like that it's extended  to February 29th.

Should have asked for more imo, but kind of late now to say "+30". 

+1

LOL. I only wish that were true. 

ShanePHallam likes this

We need the upgrades completed first before we activate 2017 picks. Also, trading was opened before we could put in a different fix that restricts unpaid owners from making trades. Both need to be working before we open 2017 picks. We will see what we can do to get them live ASAP.

Will those trades be reversed?

2017 picks will be available for trade by the end of the week. It is going through testing now. The automatic deposit feature means that an owner will need to fund his account immediately when accepting a trade and if offering away your 2017 1st, you need to have those funds on account.

Dave, how does that work on the other end? so say I trade my 2017 1st rd pick next week, I pay my extra deposit from my funds. Fast forward to after the season, does it automatically come off my deposit and back to my funds available on the site? 

Dave, how does that work on the other end? so say I trade my 2017 1st rd pick next week, I pay my extra deposit from my funds. Fast forward to after the season, does it automatically come off my deposit and back to my funds available on the site? 

99% sure you would owe that much less for next year dues.  Meaning if you are in a $500 league and you paid $250 to trade away that pick next year dues you would only owe $250 instead of the full $500 next year.    

Yes, it is supposed to. If it does not, just email Chris and she will adjust it.

You would just owe less for the following season.  Example, in a $500 league, you owe $250.

We gettin there?? :wub:

Blood in the water...the sharks coming out. Must be some fresh bait in your league.

It's more about the clock ticking towards cut down day.

Yaaaaa! FINALLY! We got roster counts!

With all due respect, may I just take this belated opportunity to say that every time I see the counts on the roster pages I get mildly annoyed?  As with the in-season "whom to root for" tool, it just seems like any, any  time or effort spent on this would have been better used improving trade emails, transaction records or any number of things which seem far more crucial.  Crazy me, when I want to know how many players a potential trade partner has on his/her team, I just count them.  In fact, in the interest of full disclosure, even with this new technology, I have to admit I still count the players.  5 seconds of my life I'll never get back, I know.  

With all due respect, may I just take this belated opportunity to say that every time I see the counts on the roster pages I get mildly annoyed?  As with the in-season "whom to root for" tool, it just seems like any, any  time or effort spent on this would have been better used improving trade emails, transaction records or any number of things which seem far more crucial.  Crazy me, when I want to know how many players a potential trade partner has on his/her team, I just count them.  In fact, in the interest of full disclosure, even with this new technology, I have to admit I still count the players.  5 seconds of my life I'll never get back, I know.  

As stated before, the "whom to root for" tool was built in, so it took no extra time.  Yeah, the items you mentioned need improved and seem to be on the list, but roster count is super helpful and probably a lot quicker fix than some.

With all due respect, may I just take this belated opportunity to say that every time I see the counts on the roster pages I get mildly annoyed? As with the in-season "whom to root for" tool, it just seems like any, any time or effort spent on this would have been better used improving trade emails, transaction records or any number of things which seem far more crucial. Crazy me, when I want to know how many players a potential trade partner has on his/her team, I just count them. In fact, in the interest of full disclosure, even with this new technology, I have to admit I still count the players. 5 seconds of my life I'll never get back, I know.

As stated before, the "whom to root for" tool was built in, so it took no extra time. Yeah, the items you mentioned need improved and seem to be on the list, but roster count is super helpful and probably a lot quicker fix than some.

Correct on all counts.

Thank you guys on the hard work getting the pick numbers and everything else in order....But...Next time send an email blast to everyone stating Trading is down while you work so hard....Thanks

The picks are all screwed up now.  The 2017 picks are showing as numbered picks based on this year's order and the 2016 picks aren't showing as any order.

For example, an offer of current 1.11 pick for a 2017 1st is showing up as:  2016 1st for 2017 1.4 pick. 

Confusing and actually making offers look screwy as a result.

The picks are all screwed up now.  The 2017 picks are showing as numbered picks based on this year's order and the 2016 picks aren't showing as any order.

For example, an offer of current 1.11 pick for a 2017 1st is showing up as:  2016 1st for 2017 1.4 pick. 

Confusing and actually making offers look screwy as a result.

Guys, posting this here is fine but for most expedited results, please send a detailed email of any issues to dave@myffpc.com so that he can pass these on to the development team.