Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aunt Jemima

Dynasty league etiquette

6 posts in this topic

this is an offshoot of the other post on the draft slot time. Thought I'd list my pet peeves and see if it generates a list from others and who knows maybe it will help educate come of the newer players coming in. Or maybe I'm just off base, in that case at least I get to vent to myself here. I know you guys all have these owners in your leagues

1. Sitting on the draft clock - Nothings more frustrating than a draft taking 3 weeks or longer. It is fine to post that you are interested in moving back when OTC but give it like 2 hours to get a trade offer, not 12. Also using most of the whole clock without at least a status update or checking in, I find this to be rather rude and inconsiderate to the other owners. We all know you have a phone and saw the email and you know you are on the clock. Yes real life gets in the way sometimes but take 2 seconds and post a status update.

2. poor trade offers - a good trade is one that makes sense for both teams. Don't send offers to other teams without looking at their roster and see if it makes any sense for them (and don't send 27 of them). Spend the extra time and start with something workable. Also, don't be the guy that only offers trades where you are the clear winner based on value/rankings, these get annoying. Lastly, don't post and say you want to trade a guy and give no feedback on what you want and then proceed to decline every reasonable offer if someone doesn't overpay.

3. Ignoring trade offers/not responding - how long does a polite decline take? 10 seconds? Don't be the guy that never responds to offers, even if the answer is you find the offer way off or you don't want to trade the guy.

4. Owners who aren't engaged - I know in some of my leagues players have to be off my board because the player is on a team who literally makes no trades (as in like zero over 3 or 4 years). Why do you play if you aren't going to be engaged. I don't know if people always think people are trying to screw them or what but you've been in the league long enough to see lots of trade examples to help you gauge value. This owner shows up for the rookie draft, doesn't post or say hello and then vanishes until the next rookie draft.

Anyway just my two cents as my startup draft sits at the beginning or rd 5 on the 8th day :)

SPORTSBETTINGMAN likes this

All very reasonable requests and peeves. Unfortunately about half of each league consists of owners who practice at least two of the four traits you mention. I also feel about 40% of owners that play this level and type of format shouldn't ever play or join the leagues.

All very reasonable requests and peeves. Unfortunately about half of each league consists of owners who practice at least two of the four traits you mention. I also feel about 40% of owners that play this level and type of format shouldn't ever play or join the leagues.

Who should play ? Just curious

All good points.  In $750 League 4 we finished in a little less than a week which is very good.  I think that the one thing everyone can do to move things along is try to respond to trade offers quickly.  I think people on the clock on siting there waiting on responses while others are sitting there waiting for him to pick.  They don't like the trade so the ignore it and the person on the clock has no idea.  

All in all I love the idea of shortening the clock.  It wouldn't play into our league but it would zap the fun if it was taking people 24 hours to pick.

Chef Paul and SPORTSBETTINGMAN like this

Sad but true....... wish something can be done but it is what it is............im in a few start up this year.

Shit is truly amazing how a few bad apples can slow the whole draft up.  :angry: 

GoWithWhatYouGot likes this

they should write in a code that sends an email an hour to a team on the clock. auto-text as well if phone # is provided.....blow the slackers up with get off you ass and draft  messages.

MRx747 likes this