Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kazmo11

Dynasty League Rookie Draft Question

8 posts in this topic

Just purchased my first Dynasty team and looking forward to the year. Trying to wrap my head around any strateg for the 16 player reduction and then the draft. I saw teams for sale with upwards of 15 draft picks. Wouldn't that be a waste as the team has to reduce to 20 players for the start of the year? Or do they draft a ton of players and start trading? I have a solid core for my 16 and have 7 draft picks and feel that is about right. Any feedback would be awesome. Kaz

Great choice of format and venue here to go the High Stakes route. 

It's all ammo, it's a matter of choice and philosophy how you want to play. Every league and owner is a bit different, some will want to accrue the picks, or package them to move up. Or trade for next year. We have a while before end of summer cut downs so you can load up on players as well, and sell them. I've seen owners get caught with too many at times, and have to unload them cheaply but generally not a bad problem to have. There will always be a taker for a draft pick, even 6 and 7th rounders during the draft. 

Thank you for the feedback. Coming from redraft leagues, my biggest challenge  will be to try and gauge the value of draft picks and rookies. Cheers.

Do some looking around and seeing what top 4 rd1 go for, later rd1 , rd2 ect, prior to trading yours .......   take your time, and if your going to make a big splash early with your new team see what other owners will give for the bigmane your dealing ,don't take first owner that calls......

Kazmo11 likes this

I suggest you find a website like DLF, 4 for 4, or RotoRiz so you know whats going on.  Veteran dyno players are going to make light offers to test where you are, as others day be careful and go slow, no need to blow up your team immediately.  Right now things are kinda slow most leagues till draft gets closer.  Lastly can flip this years picks for next years picks usually getting an extra half round or lower pick in the process for waiting a year to use those picks.  Welcome to the dark side.

Kazmo11 likes this

lol I'm going be the dark horse..... no need to wait around, best time to move pieces imho is when u new in a league, every team will give u the time of the day, most offer will be light, but everyone have players they like and dont, so go after it!!! Besides trading your round 1 for a round 2 pick not too much wrong be can done. Enjoy Dynasty Format, I feel like every FF player should own 2-5 teams lol