Long Johns

The ever popular IR designation

20 posts in this topic

So in looking through different dyno league roster pages Jake Butt is listed as IR in one league but not another.  Can you share the link to the site FFPC uses for IR/PUP tags?  

Thanks guys

1) Butt is not on NFL IR

2) Team that placed him there should not have done so

3) Completely irrelevant until we cut down to 20.....at that point the owner will have to cut him or move him off IR

Not your bad. The red tag does seem to pop up without any owner action. I currently have Darren McFadden active and in my starting lineup while he still has a red IR tag next to his name. It's confusing. 

Speaking of confusing, there's a new icon plastered all over my teams page.  Looks like I won tickets to the Blue Man Group.  Woo-hoo!  Nope, damn.  Just remembered.  Not going to Vegas this year.  D'oh!

On 8/21/2017 at 11:56 AM, Fish said:

1) Butt is not on NFL IR

2) Team that placed him there should not have done so

3) Completely irrelevant until we cut down to 20.....at that point the owner will have to cut him or move him off IR

I'm not so sure about that but would like some clarification.

The new rules allow PUP players to be IR eligible. As of now Jake Butt, and also Mike Williams as another example, are both on PUP list. This to me seems they are in fact IR eligible.

I don't say this like it's fact, curious to know myself, own both of those players.

I dont see any players list on the official Broncos injured list from the team site....with all these players going down (Enunwa, Meredith, Dixon, etc) it would be extremely helpful I believe if there was 1 link that was on the league page to direct you to "The List".....

August 22, 2017 5:00 pm

Broncos' Jake Butt: Likely headed to PUP
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Butt (knee) is likely headed for the regular-season PUP list, Nicki Jhabvala of The Denver Post reports.

The rookie from Michigan is still recovering from a torn ACL. If placed on the PUP list, Butt would be eligible to return to the Broncos after the first six regular season games.

For sure some kind of place to reference this information would be useful.

Jake Butt was placed on the NFI list, which is IR eligible. He'll start season on the PUP list but that's not his official designation yet but as he's on the NFI list he should be IR eligible but I don't see him listed that way on the Broncos website so he's an example of someone we could use some kind of clarity/list.

Long Johns likes this

So we can stash our guys that ARE designated (up to three) on IR and keep 20 (dynasty) outside of those, correct? (up to a max of 23 if you happen to have three IR designated players.) Lucky You! ;-)

From RotoWorld.....

Cameron Meredith (injured reserve) has been diagnosed with a torn ACL and "slight" MCL tear in his left knee.

It's so obvious, yet it's not official.......so we have to active roster him.  I wish there was a "work around" for this ridiculous situation of timing/formality.

For 2018, I'd like to propose that the rule is written as such: 

FFPC cutdown date will be one day after the NFL 53 man cutdown date occurs.....whatever date that may be.  Even if that means there is only one waiver run (which is all we need).

Found this discussion in a Bears forum:

Comment 1).......Bears cannot put Meredith on IR until AFTER the cutdown to 53, so he will have to count as one of the 6 or 7 WRs. Then, after the cuts are finished, the Bears can IR Meredith and pick up another player in his place.

Comment 2)......Why can't they cut down to 54 and IR Meredith, making it 53? Seems kind of odd to cut someone, IR Meredith, and then re-sign that same player, no?

Comment 3)..........Rules. Remember last year it happened with Grasu. Even tho he was injured on Family night, they had to hang onto him until after the final cut to 53. It's because Grasu and now Meredith don't have 4 years. Kush, on the other hand, has 4 years so they were able to IR him immediately.

I'm not sure what to do here...

I can now put RB Joe Williams on IR, but at the moment I am maxed out at three IR'd players.  One of them is Andrew Luck, who I need to remove from IR to make room for Williams.

Right now I click on the drop down button near IR'd Andrew Luck and the only option is "Drop Player"

Does "dropping" Luck from IR place him back on my bench, or does dropping Luck mean dropping him to the waiver wire pool?

Being maxed out at three, the drop down options on Joe Williams do not include the option to IR him.

I see a deadline for removing Luck from IR by tomorrow, but unsure how to maneuver.

You have to have room on your bench to put Luck back on your bench.  With you being maxed out at IR spot not sure how you go about doing that swap without dropping a player.....