Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MALLON'S InVADERS

Byron Marshall -WR?

4 posts in this topic

Can the FFPC explain the process of assigning positions  to players?

Byron Marshall was listed by the Eagles as a RB and actually played as RB in 2016/2017

He was on the practice squad this year as a RB before Washington picked him up.

Why is he listed as a WR?

There are hundreds of obscure, undrafted or rookie players out there who are on/off practice squads, on/off teams, in/out of the league from year to year. There isn't some organized way to keep up with those players who change positions at some point unless someone realizes that the position that particular player is listed as in our database isn't the same as his official team position. If this is brought to our attention before the season starts, we can make the change. Once the season starts our official rules state the following:

"Player position eligibility and designation is determined by FFPC during the pre-season and may be changed any time by FFPC before the start of the NFL season. FFPC participants agree to accept these designations and understand the final position designations may be different from the time their FFPC drafts were conducted"

Is it possible to check how Ricky was listed week 11 and 12 in free agent pool?  I think I saw him listed as TE.  Maybe memory failure of mine in which case I apologize for hassle.